Saturday, May 9, 2026
Workplace Conflict and Overtime Discussion
Hello, Nerds! Fellow Weirdos of our towns!
I had an okay week. Today, my co-workers at my M.A. job got upset with me, accusing me of talking badly about them to the C.O.s. I explained that the C.O.s are just trying to get into their good graces and want to make me look bad to score points with the M.A.s to sleep with them. Honestly, I think my co-workers are primarily upset about the recent increase in workload, as we've been required to work a lot of overtime lately due to the number of double and sometimes triple lines we need to complete. Personally, I don't mind because we’re getting paid for it, and if we work extra, we are compensated for that too. So why get angry about it, right?
I don’t have a family, so if anyone should complain, it should really be me because I don’t need that much money to survive. The others have kids, so they should be welcoming the overtime. But they don’t seem to like it. If I were in a relationship and my partner had to work overtime to pay the bills, I wouldn’t mind not seeing her because sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Right?
I think my co-workers were just mad and needed to vent. Since I am calm and rarely get angry, I tend to be an easy target for their emotional outbursts; I often wind up being the local punching bag for job stress. I’ve noticed that my co-workers seem to think I have a lot of money because they keep asking me how much I pay in rent and how I manage my bills. I don’t mind sharing, as what I do isn’t really complicated. I just budget and live in affordable accommodations. I hope they don’t envy me for this, especially since I don’t make a lot of money as an M.A. I’m just efficient and wise with my spending.
In my mind, this shouldn't lead to any resentment because anyone can do it. It doesn’t take a math wizard; you just need to sit down with a piece of paper, a pen, a calculator, or in my case, a computer, and work through the calculations. Once you figure it out, life gets a lot easier. Given all the snacks and Starbucks my co-workers buy, I bet food is the main reason they struggle to pay their bills and sometimes don’t show up to work. Last month, I made around $10,000 from this job, and I suspect they earned about the same, which should be more than enough for anyone. I hope they don’t envy me or try to get me fired like my previous co-workers at the group home did. They really had serious issues, and I’m glad I’m no longer there.
I've been having conversations with a guy at Planet Fitness. Based on his responses, I’m getting the sinking feeling that others there know where I work and might even know where I live. I guess I have stalkers. As a Chosen One, I feel like I need to be careful, almost like the president, because these stalkers might have bad intentions. That's why I've set my living room lights on a timer and blocked my bathroom window with a blackout curtain. This way, if people pass by my apartment at night, they'll have no idea whether I’m home unless they know what car I drive. I’m starting to think it might be better to park elsewhere and not in my apartment’s parking lot to stay incognito, but I’m uncertain.
As a Chosen One, I'm always a bit paranoid!
I hate people!
Until next time...
MAHALO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment