Saturday, May 23, 2026

Inmate Incident Report and Workplace Grievance

Hello, everyone! Here we are again, another weekend to embrace our nerdiness. I had an okay week, though I got into trouble again for something that wasn't my fault. While I was on the M.A. line in A yard, the COs deliberately didn't inform me that I had a patient. The patient, an inmate, yelled at me, and I honestly thought he was going to hit me. I got rattled and ended up talking about how Marcus Fenix is similar in that he's a brilliant soldier and an excellent tactician, but he will always be mistreated in the workplace and blocked in life. I reiterated how good people often face obstacles and aren’t given any leeway for mistakes. The inmate yelled at me, “Dummy!” No one defended me. After the incident, I had a meeting with the supervisor of that wing and explained that if the CO had communicated that I had an inmate waiting, I could have addressed my patients sooner, and the inmate wouldn’t have felt the need to yell at me. I wouldn’t have been rattled and talking to someone else because of it. What did the supervisor do? She made me the fall guy, of course. Because I don’t fit the typical mold of an old, balding man, it seems to always be my fault, even though I’m 52 years old. In her words, I was just “talking crazy.” There was no acknowledgment that it truly wasn’t my fault. It feels like people care more about appearances. If men don’t look like overweight, balding alcoholics, they’re either deemed gay or stupid. Since I don’t act gay, I must be considered stupid and crazy—thus making the entire incident my fault. It really sucks to be me, yet these people seem to envy me so much. If you want to make a change, start being sober right now and notice how people treat you differently. Trust me, when you're sober, nobody seems to like you, and that goes double for those who have been sober for life, like me, since I was six years old. People like that definitely get treated poorly. On the bright side, we have a three-day weekend, and I can't wait! I was really looking forward to this weekend to do some gaming or maybe even go to the mall. It’s interesting that when I surprised people by talking like someone who’s 52 but don’t look it because I take care of myself, they pretended to be interested, saying that “I need to relax.” I know my coworkers don’t genuinely like me and envy my life, so I humored them. When we were walking to our cars, I ended up walking alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment