Saturday, May 16, 2026

Personal Blog Entry: Ubernerd's Weekly Update

Hi everyone—another blog entry from your local uber-nerd. I had a good week, which feels rare when you often feel criticized or misunderstood. I mentioned to the co-worker who sits next to me that I thought I had not been charged for my Alienware laptop yet, and he explained that the charge would only appear when it shipped. I checked, and he was right. When you are used to being treated badly or misled, it can be hard to trust someone even when they are telling the truth. I bought the laptop on April 30, so I kept wondering why I had not been charged, but now I understand how it works. I also reviewed my budget this morning. From my job at K.V.S.P., I should have about two thousand dollars of extra spending money each month. That made me think about losing my job at San Miniato Group Home, where my co-worker Taki said they saw me as a threat. I was really upset when I lost that job because I thought it would leave me with much less extra money to save for retirement. But as a certified medical assistant, I should still have about two thousand dollars extra each month, so I may have worried more than necessary. At San Miniato, I had about four thousand dollars of extra money to spend, so this is less, but it is still manageable. It may also be good for me to slow down, work less, relax, and make more time for myself—like playing video games on the weekend. Now that my weekends are free, I can finish my tasks on Saturday instead of splitting them between Saturday and Sunday. I actually like having weekends off because it gives me time to rest and catch my breath. I hope my paycheck this month is strong because I need to pay off the seven thousand dollars I put on my credit card for the Alienware laptop, along with my regular living expenses. I should also receive cash back from my American Express card, which will help reduce my monthly costs. Maybe I have finally made it through the difficult period of balancing San Miniato and K.V.S.P. Maybe there was a reason I worked at San Miniato, and maybe I was meant to play a role in the lives of clients like Matt, Joe, Alex, and Chris. I do not know. What I do know is that I was fired because they saw me as a threat, as Taki told me, and that experience changed how I see the people who managed the group home, the staff, the people at People's Care, and people in general. I do not know many people who can live comfortably on less than thirty-two thousand dollars a year, and maybe that is one reason I often feel out of step with others. Still, I believe I have a light within me. Till next time... MAHALO! Oh... And I hate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment