Saturday, October 3, 2026

Fire Card Training Reflection

What’s up, NERDS!!! WEIRDOS!!! It’s time for another blog post from the biggest serial killer in Bakersfield, that has never harmed anyone. I just completed my Fire Card training for work, and I must say, it was remarkably interesting. I answered all the questions correctly except for the one about leaving an unruly patient during a fire. With over 20 years of caregiving experience, I couldn't bring myself to say I would leave a patient in that situation, even if they were difficult. I would feel terrible, like I had sinned. I know the right answer is to evacuate because a fire can spread rapidly—completely engulfing a building within minutes. Still, I can't imagine leaving my former clients in such a situation. It would break my heart to see someone like Matt or Joe perish in a fire, especially when Joe just wants to feel loved by a woman and live a good life. I wouldn’t be able to abandon them like that. Honestly, like Indiana Jones, I would find a way to save everyone, even if it meant thinking on my feet. As Indiana Jones would say “I dunno…I am making this up as I go…” Maybe it was a trick question, because any seasoned nurse, or in my case, veteran healthcare worker, would struggle with the idea of leaving patients to die, even if it were difficult to evacuate them. While going through my training, I also watched a video discussing why good people nowadays often cut ties with others. This resonated deeply with me. I used to give everything to everyone; I would beg for acknowledgement and friendship, but it was never reciprocated. Tired of being hurt in this selfish world, I decided to distance myself and focus on my journey with just myself and God. I’m so exhausted by selfish people. Like my neighbor, for instance. I gave him some sound advice about staying in these apartments despite the lack of central air, pointing out how affordable they are and that any job could easily cover the rent. But it seems my kindness only encouraged him to take advantage. He started grooming his dog right outside my apartment and never cleaned up the hair. Then, he dumped a lot of trash in front of my house, assuming I wouldn’t report him. Well, I reprted the trash and filed a complaint, but he still hasn’t stopped. While he’s not dumping trash outside anymore, he has now cluttered my yard with his gardening supplies. He seems totally unaware that this bothers me. He claimed he made a garden for another neighbor but never offered to do anything for my yard. When I told him to do whatever he wanted, he smiled as if he thought he was getting away with something. I’ve filed a complaint, and if he continues this behavior, I’ll file another one. I thought I had a friend in my neighbor, but it turns out all I have is a black hole that just sucks away my kindness. Young people today seem to grow up with everything handed to them, and when they become adults, they often develop a sense of entitlement and narcissistic tendencies that ruin society. They take everything that isn’t nailed down and care about no one but themselves! As I have gotten older, I have grown to despise people more and more….and isolate more and more…. Till Next Time! MAHALO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment