Saturday, March 21, 2026

Employee Grievance Regarding Disciplinary Action and Perceived Targeting

Hiya, Nerds!!! Fellow Weirdos!!! I had a bad week. I was written up for something that everyone else does at the group home where I work. I was accused of not doing therap our documentation app and sleeping on the job, but honestly, everyone does that. I'm starting to feel like I'm being targeted for firing. After the write-up, I sent a text highlighting all the hard work I do, and that led my boss to suggest I speak with HR about it. It feels like all of this is a clear sign that I'm going to be fired when I meet with HR. This treatment isn't just at this job; it seems to happen at every job I've had. It's as if I’m being hated for no reason. I guess being handsome is somewhat of a curse in the workplace. The HR meeting is scheduled for March 23rd, and payday is on the 25th, which feels convenient for them because they can just hand me my final check right then and there, right? Yesterday, there was a meeting where one of the main supervisors wanted to talk to both me and my other immediate supervisor. During the meeting, she yelled at me about how everyone has been complaining about me for months. I seriously doubt that's true; if I had been such a problem, they would have let me go by now. It felt like she was just trying to make me seem like a bad person and a bad worker. I barely got a few words in, and she snapped at me, saying, "Don't overtalk me," even though I wasn't interrupting her at all. After about 20 minutes of yelling, she concluded the conversation with, "That's it. See you at HR." It seemed like her conscience couldn't take it, especially because I know I’m a good person. Afterward, she walked to her car and drove off. This is how someone who doesn't drink and works out is treated—like crap! It seems like, in society, you have to actively try to destroy yourself to fit in. I remember my training at Omni Family Health, where my trainer bluntly said, “You are fucking stupid,” and I pushed back hard by yelling at her. After me yelling at her real good, she quit her job. Score one for the athletes—that’s what I said. Nobody likes us. After the meeting with my two supervisors at the group home, I was sent home. Yesterday, when I clocked in, my co-worker, who just primarily passes meds and cooks, did nothing while I worked hard. He even slept through most of the shift like he always does. He won’t receive a write-up for that, but I will be the only one getting in trouble because I actually care about my health and my job. The plight of the "Chosen One" is that people will hate you for no reason, even if you are nice to them. If you're not a drunk or an alcoholic, you'll often be treated poorly at work. Those in your community will keep tabs on you, and if you go to a bar to order a diet coke, you'll get hounded there too, with people pretending to be friends just to get you drunk. Being a casual drinking "Chosen One" feels like it could lead to the worst consequences for me because of my light. I fear that if I do this, become a casual drinker, no one will want to associate with me, I will lose my job at the prison, and ultimately becoming homeless. I can already imagine some of the people I made look bad at work seeing my downfall and looking down on me for becoming an alcoholic. Living life sober as a "Chosen One" is hard; I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy, and… I hate people!

No comments:

Post a Comment