Saturday, July 18, 2026
Personal Success in the Digital Age
Hi y'all, fellow nerds! How are you all doing out there in Nerdland? I've been reminiscing about how people treat me in this town and how most folks seem to be mentally stuck in the 1980s. They still think you can't succeed unless you know someone. In this age of technology and the internet, they believe you actually need a connection to be successful.
Well, let me tell you, America is not the Soviet Union, okay? The United States accepts anybody, and if you’re someone who keeps to yourself, you can succeed too. If you don’t have or want a lot of social connections, you can still find success. The United States is the land of the "misfits." Anyone can succeed here if they work hard. Don’t believe those financial TikToks or YouTube videos telling you that it’s impossible to succeed in America through sheer work ethic. It is totally possible!
I was at the gym yesterday, reflecting on how I’m still the same person from years ago who was dismissed by others as "gay" and even harassed. I was nearly run over by a BMW! Now, look at my brother, Paul, who scoffed at my workout journey, thinking he had a better way to get women. How are things working out for you now, Paul? With your gout, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and declining health?
I get the sense my brother wants to redo his life and live like me now since he’s teaching his son to be like me—working out and playing video games. But I know that life is not easy. At this point, I’m willing to bet my nephew, Caleb, has probably given up on video games and working out because he sees how much harder that life is compared to my brother's.
Sitting at the bar, drinking, making work contacts, and socializing to get women is an easier way to live, and I think my nephew is starting to figure that out. I suspect my brother pushed him to compete with me in that sense.
Honestly, all I wanted when I started my workout journey was to find a woman, have a family, and work at the quickie mart—that was it. Instead, I’ve found myself in a silent competition with so many people! Some have already passed away, and new ones keep joining in just to beat me at whatever game they think they're playing. I've come to realize that despite being a gamer, it's actually other people who are playing games, and I have to say, I really hate people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment