Saturday, July 25, 2026

Personal Reflections on Social Interactions and Family Dynamics

Hi y'all! Hiya nerds! I had a pretty good week again. Most people I meet never seem to want to be around me, and I often get this funny feeling that they're faking their enjoyment of my company while secretly wishing to see me fail. Recently, I’ve been watching documentaries about people in America struggling to pay their bills. My family has always expressed hatred for my happiness in the house we used to live in here in Bakersfield. They have made it clear many times how they can't stand seeing me happy, believing it's because I haven't been working and paying bills like they do. However, after working and paying bills for the past 30 years and still being happy about it, I realize their disdain for me has nothing to do with my work status. They hate me because I am happier than they are, despite having less. When you're working in America, you have money to spend on whatever you like. I figured this out in my first year of work. I've come to understand that my family consists of negative individuals who never appreciate their blessings and focus only on what they lack. They used to think that my lack of work was the reason for their misery, but they can’t use that excuse anymore. I've been working 12 to 16-hour days for over 30 years, and they still hate me. It seems that a lot of people I meet harbor similar feelings of resentment. Initially, I thought it was because they had it harder than me, but now that I'm older, I see that many have it much easier—they just choose to be ungrateful and lack perspective. The real reason I was happy in our home on 4210 Siene River in Bakersfield wasn't because I was merely enjoying myself; it was that they were the ones who couldn't find happiness—even with what they had, acting like spoiled brats. Realizing this, I know now to distance myself from people. Most of them will never truly befriend someone who is genuinely happy; they just want to see that happy person suffer and may even wish to be the ones to ignite that flame. With each passing day, my disdain for people grows… Until next time! MAHALO!

No comments:

Post a Comment