Saturday, December 27, 2025

Personal Budget Update

Hello, everyone! Another quirky post from the ultimate nerd of Bakersfield! LOL! This week has been much better for me—both at work and in my personal life. I just reworked my budget, and it looks like I’ll be making about $76,000 a year from my two jobs. On top of that, I’ve managed to minimize my expenses to around $34,000 a year, which is impressive considering everyone else is struggling in the United States right now. By April, I should be able to pay off my car entirely, which will further cut my living expenses to possibly less than $32,000 a year. I wonder if anyone but me can live comfortably on that amount. Probably just me! I’ve been reflecting on a time when I got in trouble for discussing digital women in games. One of my coworkers reassured me, saying, “Don’t worry about it.” Interestingly, a few months ago, one of the other staff members showed an inappropriate photo, and no one was offended. I think some of the other staff members were disappointed that a good-looking guy like me would rather engage with digital characters than real women. It likely frustrated them because they couldn't use sextortion to pay their bills, seeing as I dream of the “Tomb Raider” character instead of them. I sensed some admiration from my boss, which might stem from the fact that I’m not using my money and looks to exploit the female staff members. This could explain why she made me retrain on something I had already completed—just going through the motions. It also seems to clarify why the other men at my job, as well as the female staff, don’t really want to socialize with me. They are too embarrassed with what they do at work. One of my coworkers even asked me how much I make, which seemed to imply, “He’s attractive and appears to have money; why isn’t he taking advantage of the female staff members?” Once she found out that I actually do have a decent financial situation, I think it made her respect me more. She has taken me under her wing, gives me valuable advice, and enjoys walking home with me. I suppose she trusts me! =D! I was a bit frustrated when I got reprimanded for talking about how attractive the Tomb Raider character is in the OTMb radier videogame, as well as Claire from Obscure 33. However, now that I think about it, perhaps this is why I get so many looks from the female staff—looks of respect, and maybe even smiles. I also helped Emily at my group home job without any ulterior motives; I showed her how she could get a grocery and gas card that offers cashback on those expenses. She appreciated it, even though her boyfriend wanted her to find a card on her own to avoid giving me any credit. There was another incident where a female coworker approached me and asked, “What’s my name?” I didn’t realize at the time, but I later learned she was curious. When I told her my name was Leo, she jokingly called me “Neo” and left. Maybe I misinterpreted the situation with my coworkers when I got in trouble for talking about digital characters. It could have just been shock that a good-looking, athletic guy isn’t using his appeal for personal gain. At the group home, too, the female caregivers seemed surprised that I wasn’t hitting on them or offering to pay their bills for sex in return. They even speculated about my relationship status and whether i was a virgin or not, and when they found out that I had an eight-year relationship previously, their looks and smiles changed. I even received a smile from my boss when I called her "Doctor," even though she isn’t one. I think showing respect to women is appreciated, which is likely why she smiles and engages with me more in the hallways. As someone often deemed the "chosen one," I sometimes find myself so accustomed to negativity that even positive experiences feel overwhelming. Anyway... Mahalo! I still hate people, though! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment