Saturday, August 15, 2026

Job Loss and Social Benefits Inquiry

Hi y’all, fellow nerds of Bakersfield. I have had some time off from working, and I am hoping to get unemployment and food stamps. I am about 90 percent sure I will get them, and I keep thinking about how devastating it is for people nowadays to lose a job, let alone a viable career job like the one I had. That is why, when they fired me, there was a captain of the COs in the room. They half expected me to wig out and throw some things, especially because of how they treated me at the job. In my job experience, especially in the health field, it is all about friend circles and not about work. When you are like me and you go to work to work rather than socialize, people can take offense and think you are making them look bad. Also, when you have no friend circle, the people with friend circles who feel slighted by your work ethic and quality of work will enlist their own circle to gang up on you. In my case, they isolated me and verbally insulted me. This is the plight of many geniuses, or “gifted” people. We tend to make others look bad even when we are not trying to. Other people may think we are trying too hard at work just to fight them or make them look lazy, even when that is not our intention. That is just how gifted people are. We have the ability to focus on the task at hand, and that ability to focus makes us better workers. We are not focusing just to make our co-workers look bad, but that is how they take it. Either that, or since they have the power of the group behind them, they want to victimize someone who does not have a group. It is kind of like a “hive-mind” mentality. If one person in the group feels slighted because this loner is a better worker than everybody else, and that person has the group behind them, then they will gang up on the loner. A lot of people get off on the suffering of others, especially in the work world. Nobody is your friend in the work world, especially if you are gifted. My firing saddened me, but I am grateful that the pressure is off now and I can breathe easily. I have a mental health appointment on Monday. I had one a few days ago, and my psychiatrist was concerned about me because I had just gotten fired, so she ordered another appointment to check up on me. Meanwhile, I have been doing a lot of gaming and just thinking about what will become of me when I am old. As it stands now, I feel like nobody likes me, or that if they get to know me, they will hate me. What will become of me? Will I be homeless? Even though my family hates me and I am not sure what will happen to me, my future is uncertain. I have seen a lot of YouTube videos of people who are 55 and homeless because they cannot get a job due to their age. Will I be one of these people? I make sure to never drink, no matter how much pressure is on me, and I work out so that when I get job interviews, I still look young and strong in body and can handle any job. But it deeply saddens me that, as a “chosen one” or elect of God, nobody likes me—not even my family. The righteous path is not only a lonely path, but a hard path as well. Till next time…. MAHALO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment